101GreatGoals was nominated for the Best Football Videos Site award. We asked them to talk about the awards, how 2010 had turned out them, future plans and of course, who he would vote for in the awards. Here’s the interview:
1) You’ve been nominated for Best Football Videos Site, chosen by both fans and industry experts, how does it feel?
It’s always great to be recognised for the work we do. We’ve been at this now for over four years and we’d like to think that rather than following the crowd we’ve been leading the way.
2) What kind of year has 2010 been for 101 Great Goals?
2010 has been, as ever, a year of much hard work, late nights, and overall satisfaction. Anyone whose done this for as long as us will know that it’s not all strawberries and ice-cream, but the past 12 months has seen major developments on 101GG and at the end of the year we can look back and feel proud of what we’ve achieved. Lots more to do though!
3) What do you think has been the key factor in your success?
Our passion for football is the key to everything. We love the beautiful game, and we know our 101ers do too. But passion only gets you so far. Bloody hard work from our small team of dedicated workers is the real backbone for everything.
4) If you were casting a vote for your any of your fellow nominees, who would it be?
We are big fans of Guardian Football Weekly, Football Ramble, Zonal Marking, Sid Lowe and Rafa Honigstein.
5) What’s next for 101 Great Goals?
Plenty. We have just released a new syndication tool which we are very excited about and believe it can improve the video content on any and every football website out there. We are also in the process of developing an iPhone Application for 101 Great Goals which we hope will be greatly received.
6) Have you seen the Castrol Football Rankings? What do you think about them, and who do you think is the best footballer in the world at the moment?
Like most football fans we enjoy statistics although ranking individual players is difficult for a team game. Castrol have it right about Lionel Messi, no doubt about that, but where is Gareth Bale in the top 40?!
You can vote for 101GreatGoals in the following award category:
Back to the main 2010 Soccerlens Awards nominee interviews page.