Football Shirt Culture Interview
Football Shirt Culture was nominated for the Best Football Gear Site award. We asked them to talk about the awards, how 2010 had turned out for FSC, future plans and of course, who he would vote for in the awards. Here’s the interview:
1) You’ve been nominated for Best Football Gear Site, chosen by both fans and industry experts, how does it feel?
It feels good! Don’t think we’ve been nominated for anything in the past, so it feels good to be nominated together with all those great football sites.
2) What kind of year has 2010 been for FootballShirtCulture.com?
2010 has been a very colorful year for us. Lots of new products came out because of the World Cup, and we did a site update. Also, many new fantasy kit designers joined our community and uploaded their work for all of us to see.
3) What do you think has been the key factor in your success?
Leaks… leaks… leaks… We have to be honest about it… we’re the Wikileaks of football products.. It’s a dirty job, but someone got to do it.
In all seriousness.. The key factor is probably our community of football shirt minded people, who visit and contribute to the FSC website. Many have been around for years and a big thanks goes out to them.
4) If you were casting a vote for your any of your fellow nominees, who would it be?
We would vote for our friends over at Footy-boots.com. They’ve done a great job in 2010 and are definitely THE site to visit if you want to know all about the latest football boots and related products.
5) What’s next for FootballShirtCulture.com?
We hope 2011 will be an even better year for us, and we have planned some new projects for next year. There will also be another site update, with even better community features.
6) Have you seen the Castrol Football Rankings? What do you think about them, and who do you think is the best footballer in the world at the moment?
Well I just took a look at it. I was looking for Wesley Sneijder, but found him on place 174, instead of the top 5. For me he’s one of the best players in the world right now. Too bad he didn’t bring home the World Cup this year.
You can vote for Football Shirt Culture in the following award category:
Back to the main 2010 Soccerlens Awards nominee interviews page.