Who Ate All The Pies Interview
Who Ate All The Pies was nominated for Most Entertaining Football Site award. We asked them to talk about the awards, how 2010 had turned out for Pies, future plans and of course, who he would vote for in the awards. Here’s the interview:
1) You’ve been nominated for Most Entertaining Football Site, chosen by both fans and industry experts, how does it feel?
Like a bear hug from Andy Carroll.
2) What kind of year has 2010 been for Pies?
The World Cup was very good for us, obviously, but overall I think we underperformed, much like Rooney and co. in South Africa. 2011 should be a better years, in terms of ad revenue and traffic.
3) What do you think has been the key factor in your success?
Shamelessly roasting the lowest common denominator.
4) If you were casting a vote for your any of your fellow nominees, who would it be?
I voted for us, naturally… Er, I mean I didn’t, because that’s unethical of course. I heart most of the other nominees, but especially Kickette and Dirty Tackle, both of which realise that taking football too seriously is more wrong than Peter Beardsley’s face.
5) What’s next for Pies?
We’re about to launch an iPad/print magazine version of Pies that I hope will take some people by surprise. It will be more brainy than the website. My one hope is that Brian Phillips can bring himself to read it without wanting to take a very hot shower afterwards.
6) Have you seen the Castrol Football Rankings? What do you think about them, and who do you think is the best footballer in the world at the moment?
I just took a look. The absence of Xavi or Iniesta in the top 20 is plainly wrong and makes me question the criteria.
You can vote for Who Ate All The Pies in the following award category:
Back to the main 2010 Soccerlens Awards nominee interviews page.